Get connected with verified ss 304 spiral wound gasket suppliers in UAE and save 10% to 30% on the cost
Why Do We Use SS 304 Spiral Wound Gasket?
An ss 304 spiral wound gasket has different uses thanks to its different characteristics. Various applications involving high temperature and high pressure conditions use these gaskets. Compared to solid ring gaskets, these need much lower clamping force. Moreover, these are regarded for padding, sealing performance, protection against environmental contaminants, and so on. The hardness of ss 304 on Brinell scale is 201, so this is certainly among the most robust materials. Moreover, the gasket also provides excellent vibration protection. The ASTM B182 ss 304 spiral wound style CG gasket is also corrosion resistant in various environments. Only chlorides can affect it.
Refer to industrial uses of 304 stainless steel outer ring according to ASME B16.20, and 304 ss inner ring manufacturing process
How Is A Gasket Spiral Wound SS 304 Made?
A gasket spiral wound ss 304 has three components, depending on which style it is. It is a semi-metallic gasket, consisting of a spirally wound V-shaped metal and a non-metallic filler. If it is a UNS S30400 spiral wound style CGI gasket, for instance, it will have an inner and outer ring. And most importantly, it will have the filler material responsible for sealing. Every major manufacturer, when making these gaskets adheres to the ASTM B16.20 guidelines. The international standard provides specifications relating to gasket thickness, build, color code, and so on.
Manufacturers of ss 304 spiral wound graphite filled gasket in Dubai, check available types of gasket spiral wound ss 304
How Many Types Of 304 SS Spiral Wound Gasket Are There?
A 304 ss spiral wound gasket can be of 4 types. These have been mentioned below.
- R Style = This is the basic type. There is a sealing element, and metal plies are used at the start and end of the winding process.
- RIR Style = This type of gasket has a sealing element and an inner ring. The latter acts as a barrier between it and the media, and as the compression stop.
- CG Style = These gaskets have a sealing element and an outer metal ring that prevents over-compression.
- CGI Style = The stainless steel 304 outer ring and inner ring gasket is yet another type of spiral wound gasket.
Talk to multiple genuine stockists of ASTM b182 ss 304 spiral wound style cg gasket in Middle East countries, find here uns s30400 spiral wound style cgi gasket diameter and pressure class
Diameter and Pressure class of 304 Stainless Steel Outer Ring
The diameter and pressure class of the 304 stainless steel outer ring of a spiral wound gasket are important considerations. The diameter of the gasket simply refers to its size, however, it has to be compatible with the flange size. The pressure class of the gasket is the amount of load it can bear. These are: 150, 300, 400, 600, 900 and 1500 (a higher pressure class means higher load bearing capacity) Per the ASTM specifications, both the diameter and pressure class have to mark on a ss 304 spiral wound graphite filled gasket.
Buy directly from importers of werkstoff no. 1.4301 spiral wound style r gasket in Saudi Aramco , also see stainless steel 304 outer ring and inner ring installation method
Installing 304 SS Inner Ring
The installation of the 304 ss inner ring gasket is crucial to its performance. Other than ensuring clean, scratch free contact surfaces, here are the things to remember.
- The inner diameter of the Werkstoff no. 1.4301 spiral wound style r gasket has to be higher than that of the pipe.
- Especially for shoulder flanges, the gasket must be placed in the centre of the flange.
- During installation, the connecting bolts must be tightened evenly and symmetrically. In general, it should be cycled at least 2 to 3 times to ensure that the gasket’s stress distribution is uniform.
- After one cycle of the valve piping system, check and recalibrate the torque of the connecting bolts.
- The use of lubricants is not recommended while installing the gasket.