Look for reputable ASTM a269 pipe suppliers in UAE to compare costs and check specifications.
What are ASTM A269 tubing specifications?
ASTM A269 tubing specifications are for size, thickness, chemical composition, surface finish, delivery condition, etc. A few of the specifications include the following:
- ASTM A 269 tubing sizes differ as per the customers’ requirements and have 3/8” x 0.035, length 20 ft or 6096 mm
- ASTM A269 shapes include square, round, rectangular, straight, hydraulic, coiled, honed tubes, etc.
- ASTM A269 manufacturing types include seamless, welded, ERW, welded, CDW, CDS, CEW, DOM, etc.
- A 269 delivery conditions AP or annealed & pickled, BA or polished & bright annealed, mirror polished, cold drawn, etc.
Do you have trouble locating ASTM a269 tube in odd sizes for use in low- and high-temperature applications? Consult a trustworthy Middle East stockist and see a269 vs a213
ASTM A269 and A213
ASTM A 269 and A 213 are both specification standards for stainless steel. But A 269 tubing made from austenitic alloys is more corrosion resistant than A 213, as it gets made from ferritic and austenitic alloys. ASTM SA 269 tubing and A 213 tubing have the following differences.
- 269 specifications are for welded austenitic tubes with average wall thickness, whereas A 213 is for seamless ferritic and austenitic alloys without a minimum wall thickness
- The higher chromium and nickel composition in A 269 than A 213 makes it ideal for many high-end applications needing high strength to corrosion resistance.
Find here the best 10 ASME sa269 seamless tubing importers in Dubai who offer quick delivery, cut-to-size, and checks various grades
Which grades involve in the A269 tubing spec?
Many 300 series stainless steel grades are involved in the A269 tubing spec. Though they differ in chemical composition, they have a few common properties. All the steel grades have solution heat treatment at a minimum temperature of 1900 F or 1040 C. And all have the same Brinell hardness of 192HBW/200HV and Rockwell hardness of 90 HRN. The grades involved in ASTM A269 SS tubing specifications include.
- A269TP 304 and TP 304L A have chromium 18-20%, 8-12% nickel, 2% manganese, 1% silicon, phosphorous 0.045%, silicon 0.030% but with the different carbon content of 0.08%and 0.035%
- TP 316 and 316L have additional molybdenum of 2-3% with chromium of 16-18%, and nickel of 10-15%
- TP 324 and 347 also have similar chromium and nickel composition without molybdenum
Purchase premium ASME sa269 tubing from verified distributors in GCC nations with MTC and discover the manufacturing procedure and available sizes.
What is the manufacturing process of ASTM A269 seamless stainless steel tubing?
ASTM A269 seamless stainless steel tubing manufacturing includes both seamless and welded processes. Reputed suppliers deliver the ASME SA269 stainless steel seamless tubing in hot or cold finished form. The manufacturing technique of ASME SA269 stainless steel tube includes cold rolled or draw, extrusion tube and hot rolled.
It is essential to conduct many tests to confirm compliance with the ASTM, ASME, DFARS and other standards. ASTM A269 stainless steel tubing tests include raw materials test, 3.2 MTC or material test certificate, 100% radiography test, third party inspection, etc.
A variety of authorized traders of ASTM a269 seamless tubes are available at a reduced price; get in touch with us to request a free sample and view heat treatment.
What is the heat treatment of ASTM A269 seamless tubing?
Most of the steel grades of ASTM A 269 seamless tubing should be at a minimum temperature of 1900 F or 1040 C. Rapid cooling after heating is critical, and there are many methods to do it, including quenching in cool water. For customers’ requirements below the minimum temperature, they should mention it in all the tubes after the suffix”HT.”
The specifications suitable for the heat treatment of ASTM A269 tube are in the guide to have unique service characteristics. Heat treatments for steel grades S31254, S 32654, and S24565 should be at a minimum temperature of 2100 F or 1150 C.