What is ASTM A358 316L?
ASTM A358 316L is a low-carbon and extremely corrosion-resistant alloy for use in aerospace, automotive, medical and other industries. The alloy is commonly used in the manufacture of aircraft fuselages, especially high strength-to-weight ratio components such as control surfaces, wing spars and landing gear.
ASTM A358 316L is an austenitic stainless steel alloy with chromium content between 8% and 12% by weight. It has excellent wear resistance and high tensile strength due to its high chromium content. The alloy is also resistant to stress corrosion cracking under seawater conditions.
ASTM A358 316L Specification
ASTM A358 Grade 316l EFW pipe suppliers in UAE
What is the difference between A358 316L EFW and HFW pipes?
The ASTM A358 Class 1 EFW Pipes are produced using a process known as electric fusion welding. The materials for the ASTM A358 tp304 have a composition that consists of 18% chromium, 8% nickel and manganese, silicon, sulfur, and phosphorus. Molybdenum is included in the construction of the significantly more durable a358 316l alloy.
High-frequency welding, often known as HFW, is typically reserved for welding steel pipes with standard or thin walls. Along with contact welding, it also includes induction welding. DC welding is typically utilized for steel pipes with a smaller diameter.
Why buy ASTM A358 TP316l material at an increased price? Contact directly the manufacturers of A358 gr 316l welded pipe for a better deal in Middle East countries
What is the process of ASTM A358 TP316l fusion welding?
Heat-fusion welding using filler metal in all passes is known as ASTM A358 TP316L fusion welding. It is employed to connect steel tube pipes.
Radiography and the installation of the bituminous core are the first steps in the procedure. The pipe is then heated with a torch before being cooled in water for at least eight hours. After cooling, the pipe is clamped in a vice and filler metal is first welded onto it. On succeeding passes, the filler metal is taken out of the welds and replaced with fresh material, allowing the weld to cool more quickly and stable better.
ASTM A358 gr.316l cl1 EFW welded pipe for high temperature resistance
What are the 3 advantages of using ASTM A358 Grade 316l electric fusion welded pipe?
- Carbon dioxide emissions. Small amounts of helium, an inert gas that may be safely released without endangering the environment, are the only byproduct of fusion processes.
- Plentiful fuels: Water may be used to extract deuterium, and the power plant will use lithium, a plentiful element present in both seawater and the earth’s crust, to create tritium. These fuel reserves would last for many thousands of years, even if fusion power plants were widely used.
- Efficient use of energy: Ten million kilos of fossil fuel could be replaced by one kilogramme of fusion fuel to produce the same amount of energy.
Do you have to purchase the ASTM A358 316l EFW pipe from reliable stockists in specific sizes in Dubai? Your Find has ended here. look its application
Applications of A358 gr 316l welded pipe
Molybdenum is a component of the far more durable a358 316l. The material is resistant to chloride ion corrosion due to the molybdenum component. Due to its strength and low cost, a358 304 is the most popular material. Sizes of the ASTM A358 stainless steel pipe range from 8 inches to 72 inches. The pipes have a thickness range of 3 to 60 mm.
Application of ASTM A358 TP304l Stainless Steel EFW Pipes
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Construction Industry
- Thermal & Power Plants
- Petrochemical, Boilers
- Cement Industry
- Geothermal Plants
- Heat Exchangers
- Instrumentation Jobs
- Mechanical Jobs
- Oil and Gas types of equipment and Piping Works
A wide variety of ASTM A358 gr 316l welded pipe is available at a discount in GCC countries; get in touch with us for a free sample
Benefits of ASTM A358 316l EFW pipe
ASTM A358 316l EFW pipe has several benefits. For one, it is made as a high-quality material that is resistant to corrosion, making it an excellent choice for use in water pipes and other applications where temperature fluctuations are expected.
It also has a wide range of other advantages, such as:
- It can be used in pipes that require high-pressure or high-flow rates
- It is incredibly lightweight, making installation simple.
- It is resistant to most chemicals
- ASTM A358 316l EFW pipe is used for the construction of high-pressure gas pipelines