ASTM A493 chemical composition and mechanical properties
Check ASME SA 493 rod and ASTM A493 chemical composition and physical properties
Equivalent of A493 stainless steel billets and bars
The specification for A493 grade 409 rod covers austenitic ss billets and bars intended only for forging. The common equivalent grades of ASTM A493 stainless steel bars are AISI 304/304L, AISI 316/316L, AISI 321, AISI 347 & A
ASTM A493 grade 410 rounds and ASTM A493 rounds stock available in smooth surfaces
How to compare price of ASTM A493 316 round bar?
To compare the price of ASTM A493 316 round bar easily, you can visit pipingmaterial.ae. Once you have determined the number of bars needed, contact top and verified suppliers from our platform and get quotations. Compare the prices of A493 tp304 bars provided by each supplier, including shipping & handling shipping and handling. You will not have to worry about the reputation and reliability of the suppliers listed on our platform.
ASTM A493 stainless steel bar and A493 grade S30430 flat bars in stock and ready to ship right to you
What are the ASTM A493 chemical composition and physical properties and strength
A493 grade S30430 black bars are used in high temperature & general corrosive service. The chemical composition varies with the specific grade but generally, it has a max of 0.8% c, 2% mn, 0.045% p, 0.03% s, 1% si, 18-20% cr, 11-14% ni & 2-3% mo.
The physical properties of A493 S40940 flat bar include a density of 7.95 g/cm³, a melting point range of 1398-1454 °C and a specific heat capacity of 0.5 J/g•K at room temperature. Mechanical properties like strength depend on the specific grade and heat treatment condition.
ASTM A493 rounds surface finish, delivery condition and advantages
The surface finish options are cold drawn and A493 grade 410 polished bar, centerless ground and polished, turned and polished, smooth turned and polished and rough turned. The delivery conditions are cold drawn, annealed, cold finished and heat treated. The advantages include:
- High Corrosion Resistance- due to their high content of chromium and nickel.
- High Strength- they are made of ss and hence are durable.
- Excellent Machinability- due to their high ductility and low work hardening rate.
- Good Weldability- can be easily welded using common welding techniques like TIG and MIG welding.
- Wide Range of Sizes and Shapes- to meet various application requirements.
Top 4 uses and application of ASTM A493 stainless steel bar
- Marine applications- A493 grade 302 hex bar is used in propeller shafts, underwater fasteners and boat hardware.
- Aerospace applications- in aircraft engine components, landing gear parts and structural components due to its high strength to weight ratio, good corrosion resistance, and ability to withstand high temperatures.
- Chemical processing- in applications like tanks, pumps and valves due to its excellent corrosion resistance, high strength, and resistance to high temperatures.
- Medical equipment- in surgical instruments, implants and medical devices due to its biocompatibility, corrosion resistance, and strength.