ASTM B622 Pipe specification
Discover ASME sb622 tube suppliers in UAE. Compare ASTM b622 vs b444
ASTM B622 vs B444
ASTM B622 and B444 are both specification standards for high nickel content alloys useful for many high-end applications. But the chemical composition is different between the two as B622 is a nickel-molybdenum, and B444 is a nickel-chromium alloy with other elements in small quantities. There are many differences between ASTM B622 and B444, including the following.
- The many grades of B622 alloys have high nickel than B444 alloys with some having chromium content equal to it.
- The high molybdenum in B622 makes it stronger and expensive than B444
Do you need to buy ASTM b622 tubing in the Middle East in custom diameters from a reliable stockist for your project? Here, your search is ended, check the supply condition
What is the supply condition of the ASTM B622 pipe?
ASTM B622 pipe supply condition depends on the customers’ requirement, either annealed or descaled. For those using seamless pipes and tubes in a controlled atmosphere, there is no need for a descaling condition supply.
To comply with all ASTM specifications, reputed pipe suppliers ensure to conduct many tests like tension, hydrostatic, non-destructive electric, and others. It is to measure mechanical properties like tensile and yield strength and elongation to fulfil the customers’ requirements. Buy high quality ASTM B622 pipes from verified suppliers without any damage for better performance in sensitive industries.
Buy ASTM b622 nickel-cobalt alloy pipe that has been cut to size from the most reputable importers in Dubai in compliance with the rules, and look at grades.
Which grades come under ASTM B622 seamless pipe specification?
Many grades are coming under the ASTM B622 seamless pipe specification. Each has a different chemical composition to have different mechanical and other properties and uses. The three prominent grades of ASTM B622 seamless tube include:
- Hastelloy B-2 UNS N10665 has 26 – 30% molybdenum, iron 2%, chromium 1%, cobalt and manganese 1%, less than one percentage of carbon, silicon, phosphorous and remaining nickel to have 760 and 350 MPA tensile and yield strength.
- Hastelloy C-22 UNS N06022 with chromium 20 to 22%, 12.5 to 14.5% molybdenum, 2 to 6% iron, 2.5 to3.5 tungsten, and others less than one per cent and remaining nickel to have 690 and 310 MPA tensile and yield strength
- Hastelloy C-276 UNS N10276 with 14.5 to 16.5% chromium, 15 to 17% molybdenum, iron 4 to 7%, tungsten 3 to 4.5%, cobalt 2.5%, manganese 1% and others less than one per cent with remaining nickel to have 690 and 283 tensile and yield strength.
Know why descaling is unnecessary and meet the top 10 ASTM b622 seamless pipe and tube traders in GCC countries here, quote now
Why is descaling not necessary for the ASME SB622 tube?
Descaling of ASME SB 622 tubing or any pipes is the process of removing the build-up inside them. But to the question of why descaling is not necessary for the ASME SB622 tube, the answer is yes. It is for applications that use them in a controlled atmosphere that does not build up rust, grease or mineral deposits.
ASME B622 seamless tubes having high nickel, chromium and cobalt content does not require descaling supply condition. It is because of its high quality and properties to not build up any impurities even under extreme environments.
Read ordering details and look up stocking distributors of ASTM b622 seamless nickel tubes made by Jindal, TISCO, Baosteel, JFE, and NSSMC.
Which details must the buyer mention when ordering ASTM B622 nickel-cobalt alloy pipe?
Buyers ordering ASTM B622 nickel-cobalt alloy pipe should mention many details to the reputed suppliers. It is because of spending huge amounts of money buying expensive pipes for exclusive uses in nuclear devices and other sensitive applications. A few such details to mention while buying ASME SB622 nickel-cobalt alloy tube include the following.
- Check the supply condition whether annealed or descaled which is not necessary only if used the pipes in a controlled atmosphere.
- Confirm the right chemical composition of nickel, molybdenum, chromium, cobalt, and others to have the right properties suitable for applications
- Check grade, length, thickness, size, test reports etc