What is a Blind flange?
A closure plate flange is basically installed at the end of a piping network to terminate its run. A Blind Flange comes without a hub or bored center, which means they look like a metallic disc. The Nickel Alloy Blind Flanges ensures that there is no flow through the pipe so that it can isolate a pipe, valve, or pressure vessel. Even Though the Ansi B16.5 Blind Flange has a simple design, it is quite expensive. They can also be used for sealing the nozzle opening on a pressure vessel.
Blind Flange dimensions, weight chart, standard, material, and specification
Find only verified suppliers of stainless steel blind flange and carbon steel BLRF material in UAE
What is the purpose of a Blind Flange in refinery & petrochemical industry?
The primary purpose of any Ss Blind Flange is to terminate the flow inside a pipe. In refinery & petrochemical industry it can be used at the time of maintenance or inspection of the pipe line.
Get tested alloy steel blank flanges and duplex steel blind flat flanges at the best price in middle east countries
How many types of Blind Flanges are there?
There are two types of Pipe Blind Flange namely flat face and raised face blind flange.
Why pay more if you can get carbon steel blank flange at the best price in Dubai and buy only after checking the weight chart and price list
How to test the MTC report before accepting the delivery of the blind flange?
- At the top, you will get information about the manufacturer who manufactured the material.
- The heat number or lot number is specified in the test. All the material properties including chemical properties, mechanical properties, etc., are linked with the heat number. These properties are known as the technical delivery conditions.
- The test report also contains the material specification and grade. While reading the reports, these should be matched with the minimum requirements given in material specification for technical and delivery conditions.
- The MTC should also comply with the delivery conditions, like manufacturing process, type of flange, etc.
- It also has a material dimension.
- The mechanical properties will be present in the MTC for each heat number.
Each client should read and understand the MTC report before accepting the delivery of the Tapped Blind Flange.
Available types of Blind flanges
Stainless steel blind flange
Carbon steel blind flange
Alloy steel blank flanges
ASME b16.5 blind flange
Duplex steel blind flat flanges
ASTM A182 F304 blind flange
Raised face blind flange
SS threaded blind flange
ASTM A182 F316 blrf flange
Nickel alloy pipe blind flange
Copper blind flange
ASME b16.5 raised face blind flange
Refer ANSI/ ASME b16.5 blind flange dimensions and ASTM A182 F304 blind flange pressure rating and super duplex flat face blind flange sizes
What can cause Blank Flange to rust?
Corrosion on Blank Flange can depend on various factors, like the material of the flange, the environment where it is used and under which condition.
Always check NDT test report before buying raised face blind flange in high temp alloys like Inconel, Hastelloy and Monel
ASME B16.5 Blind Flange manufacturing process and advantages
The Asme B16.5 Blind Flange manufacturing process would include processing the raw material and then forming them to the accurate shape. Once done, it can be casted, cut from a rolled plate material, or forged.
The primary advantage of Duplex Steel Blind Flanges is that it helps to terminate the flow on site when the valves might be located hundreds of miles away from the actual job site.