Now no need to pay more, meet CS gasket suppliers in UAE
Color Codes Of CS Gaskets
RTJ gaskets are manufactured following a color code for easy identification. And the same goes for Cs gaskets. At the time of order, one has to mention the material, sizes and such, and knowing the right color helps. Certain manufacturers also provide a material code with their products for further ease of identification. In most cases, a is identified by the letter “S”. As for its color, it is silver plus white color following the stipulated standard. This holds for both oval and octagonal RTJ gaskets, as long as they are made of carbon steel.
Before ordering check the carbon steel ring joint gasket price, and color codes of low carbon steel RTJ gasket as per ASME B16.20
Reasons to use Low Carbon Steel RTJ Gasket?
A carbon steel RTJ gasket is among the cost-effective and general choices suitable for various uses. It can handle pressure between 5000 – 15,000 psi depending on the style of the gasket. It has an excellent temperature rating as well that ranges from cryogenic temperatures to 500 degrees Celsius. Moreover, these are highly resilient against concentrated acids and most alkalis. Gaskets made of carbon steel have a hardness of 120 HB. As per the ASME guidelines, the flange face has to be at least 30 HB harder than the gasket material. So these gaskets are also used in places where the flange face is harder, given the other conditions are met.
Buy carbon gasket from verified importers & stockists in Middle East countries, find here reasons to use carbon graphite gasket
What coatings are available on Carbon Steel Ring Joint Gasket?
RTJ gaskets are often coated which increases their efficiency. Depending on the coating, the gasket also gains higher resilience to corrosion. A carbon steel ring joint gasket can also be coated with a suitable material when the application demands so. The coating is usually 0.0003 inches thick and among the preferred materials are graphite and PTFE. A carbon graphite gasket is therefore made of carbon steel with a graphite coating. RTJ gaskets are also coated with nitrile rubber for suitable applications. To know more, contact your preferred manufacturer or supplier.
Manufacturers of carbon steel ring joint gasket in Dubai, also check the pros and cons of carbon steel metallic gasket with all coatings types
Pros and Cons of Low Carbon Steel Ring Gasket?
A low carbon steel ring gasket has both advantages and disadvantages. If these suit your requirements, you can certainly order them from a supplier.
- Carbon steel is a cost-effective material that suits most general applications. Hence RTJ gaskets made from these are popular choices.
- It has a good temperature and pressure rating that allows it to handle considerably tough environments.
- It is mostly unaffected by concentrated acids and other alkaline mediums.
- Because of the way it creates a seal, a low carbon steel RTJ gasket cannot be reused.
- The material is not suitable for crude acids and neutral or acidic aqueous solutions of salts.
Searching for carbon steel octagonal ring joint gasket manufacturers for custom sizes? Provide fast delivery carbon steel RTJ gasket in the United Arab Emirates with iso certification
Parameters affecting Carbon Gasket performance
- What is the gasket’s sealing capability?
- Is it chemically resistant to the system fluid?
- How easily can it deform in order to make intimate contact with the seating surfaces?
- What is the maximum system temperature tolerance (before performance is hindered) of the carbon gasket?
- How hard is it?
- What is its tensile strength under load?
- Does the carbon steel octagonal ring joint gasket contaminate?
- What is the limit to which it may be corroded?
- How easily can it be cleaned and removed from the flange?