What is ductile iron plug?
A ductile iron pipe is a cast iron pipe commonly used for potable water transmission and distribution. Ductile iron plug pipe is a direct descendant of earlier cast iron pipe, which it has supplanted.
Ductile iron plugs are pipes made of ferrous cast material in which most carbon content exists as free graphite in a nodular or spherical form. Pipes are primarily used to transport substances that can flow.
Are you looking for AWWA DI C153 hexagonal plug suppliers in the Middle East and Africa
How do AWWA DI C153 plugs Work?
This standard specifies 3-in. through 64-in. (80-mm through 1,600-mm) ductile-iron compact fittings for use with ductile-iron pipe or pipe of similar outside diameters made of other materials for conveying potable water, wastewater, and reclaimed water.
The following are the minimum working pressures by size range: 350 psi (2,413 kPa) for three in. to 24 in. (80 mm to 600 mm); 250 psi (1,724 kPa) for 30 in. to 48 in. (750 mm to 1,200 mm); and 150 psi (150 mm) for 54 in. to 64 in. (1,400 mm to 1,600 mm) (1,034 kPa). AWWA Ductile Iron C153 Plugs standard lists fittings with mechanical joints in sizes ranging from 3 in. to 48 in. (80 mm to 1,200 mm). The standard ones are applicable for these-size fittings with push-on joints, or other joints agreed upon at the time of purchase.
Check AWWA ductile iron C153 plugs dimensions and weight chart
How to choose the right ductile iron hexagonal plug for oil and gas industry?
There are numerous Ductile iron plug (DI pipe) joints available on the market. These various joint designs can now provide additional benefits for various applications. Ductile iron mechanical joint plugs joining is just as important as the pipe itself. Joints can restrain the pipe.
- Some joints are only used for above-ground applications.
- Specialty joints allow deflection, expansion, and contraction within the same coupling.
- Some joints allow you to span a greater distance than the length of the pipe.
- Some joints allow you to build pipe above water and drop it off the side of a barge.
Is your current distributor raising their prices? Find a reliable ductile iron c153 short body solid plug importer in the UAE.
Installation of ductile iron pipe plug
- DI pipe is manufactured to an industry-standard “Outside Diameter” (OD) – regardless of manufacturer, all DI pipe in each size will have the same OD.
- Special transition gaskets are required when connecting Iron Pipe Size (IPS) PVC pipe, IPS HDPE pipe, or steel pipe. ODs use OD charts that are industry standard.
Send RFQ to multiple manufacturers and exporters to buy ductile iron pipe plugs and caps at a genuine price in the Dubai
What are different thread size and thread type of ductile iron plugs?
Threads can be found on various fittings, including PVC pipe and quick-connect adapters. It is how a thread Ductile iron hexagonal plug is made:
- The thread dimension is the primary diameter or outside measurement of the thread.
- The pitch is the distance between the peaks of one crest and the opposite crest.
- The thread angle is formed by the difference between the threads or the valley formed by the peaks.
Find a stockist of ductile iron mechanical joint plugs who provides MTC and ultrasonic testing certificates
What are various standars by which ductile iron hex plug manufactured and their significance?
The American Engineering Standards Committee established the AWWA Standards Committee A21 on Ductile and Gray Iron Pipe and Fittings in 1926. In 1955, it was reorganized under American Standards Association Procedures, and in 1984, it joined the AWWA committee structure.
Almost all specifications use the Barlow formula, the “Hoop Stress” formula, as the basis for design. A ductile iron hexagonal plug takes advantage of this new metal’s superior flexibility, strength, toughness, impact resistance, and corrosion resistance.