EN9 carbon steel hex bar suppliers in UAE
The demand for better steel alloys than EN 8 led to the formation of EN9 steel alloys. It has higher carbon content and a low wear rate than E 8 steel alloy. The carbon content of E 9 steel alloy is 0.5 to 0.6% than that of E 8 steel having a carbon content of 0.3 to 0.4%. Hence E 9 steel alloy has higher yield strength to be suitable for various applications.
EN9 Round Bar made of high carbon EN9 general purpose steel is useful for applications that require higher tensile and yield strength than mild steel. EN-9 Carbon Steel Round Bar is best for general engineering applications. EN9 Square Bar is useful in applications like crankshafts, axes, knives, sickles, screws, woodworking drills, etc.
EN9 round bar chemical composition, sizes, and mechanical properties | View actual stock price in UAE
Searching for reputable EN9 steel bar stockists? Find here reliable EN9 square bar suppliers who specialize in EN 9 hot rolled round bar in the Middle East
EN9 rod made of medium carbon steel has good tensile strength and is supplied in a normalized or untreated condition. Though it possesses excellent wear resistance, it has poor weldability. But still, welding EN9 Bar is possible by the following steps.
- Preheat EN9 to 200 C slowly.
- Preheat in a furnace with resistance heating mats, induction heating coils, disposable gas torches
- Use MMAW or manual metal arc welding or SMAW or shielded metal arc welding for EN 9
- After welding, allow EN9 to cool to 180C before tempering
- Temper for 2 hours by heating 620 to 650 C
- Machine the EN9 to the finished size
Get various non-invasive inspection methods used in NDT for EN9 bright bar
What is EN9 material?
EN 9 material is a medium carbon steel alloy supplied in the rolled condition mostly. By induction flame hardening it has high wear resistance is best for high surface hardness applications. EN 9 material is durable and resilient after tempering well to be suitable for many applications.
EN9 Flat Bar is available in long lengths to cut into specific requirements with proper forging, annealing, hardening, tempering, chrome plating, and welding. With a medium carbon content of 0.5 to 0.6%, it has high yield and tensile strength and is useful for many general engineering applications.
Various types of EN9 round bar
EN9 round bar
EN9 bright bar
EN9 carbon steel bar
EN9 steel bar
EN9 square bar
EN9 flat bar
EN9 steel rod
070m55 bar are treated using a variety of techniques, including cold drawing, peeling, grinding, and more
Is EN9 steel good?
EN9 Steel Bar is good than EN8 because of having high carbon and hence higher wear rate for rotating applications. Carbon Steel EN-9 Hex Bar and other EN9 steel bars and rods are good for the following, among other reasons.
- Have higher carbon content of 0.5 to 0.6%
- Have excellent wear resistance
- Have high yield and tensile strength
- Needs tempering is best for many general engineering applications like gear shafts, with increased surface hardness.
- Hardening makes it best for general applications like knives, screws, bolts, and others.
Carbon steel EN9 flat bar and AISI EN9 steel rod is offered in full lengths or can be customised to meet your needs.
What is the hardness of EN9 steel rod?
EN9 Steel Rod hardness is highly useful in many general-purpose and engineering applications. It is because of the high carbon content of 0.5 to 0.6% more than the other mild steels. Also, by flame or induction procedure to harden it, it has a high surface hardness value. The hardness of Europeans standards 9 steel ranges between 180 HB to 230 HB but varies as per the heat conditions, including the following.
- In the normalized heating condition of 700 MPa tensile strength, the hardness is 201 to 255 HB.
- In R heat condition of tensile strength up to 850 MPA, it is 201 to 277 HB
- IN S and T heat conditions, it has a hardness range of 223-227 and 248-302, respectively