A valve which is designed to regulate or control the flow of gas or liquid under high pressure conditions or structure is called plug valve. These type of plug valves are used to diver or combine the flow and they also control the flow via moderate throttling.
- It is used to ensure entirety of functional flow in hydraulic systems. There are three main designs of this plug valves: short pattern, regular pattern and venturi pattern and on the basis of ports there are two main types: Double port and multi-port. Hence due to these reasons they are often a use case in:
- Gas plug valve are used in oil piping systems.
- High pressure and control systems requiring extreme temperatures.
- Used in processing of corrosive substances.
- An idea use case for chemical servicing.