What is socket weld cap?
A socket weld cap is a pipe fitting that covers the end of a pipe to stop the flow and is typically liquid or gas-tight. A plug and a socket weld cap both serve similar purposes.
They are very resistant to corrosion. They are primarily utilized for pipes with small diameters. To permanently join pipes inserted into a recess in the fitting, flange, or valve, socket weld pipe fittings are used. Once the pipe has been properly inserted, the filet-type sealing welds connect it to the fitting.
Directly buy stainless steel SW end cap and forged socket weld pipe cap from suppliers in Dubai, UAE
Does forged socket weld pipe cap have schedule?
Forged carbon steel is used to make socket weld pipe fittings. In addition, stainless steel and nickel alloy are used to make them.
The pressure ratings for socket weld fittings typically range from 3000 pounds to 6000 pounds to 9000 pounds. The socket weld fitting’s most popular sizes range from 1/2 inch weld pipe to 4 inches.
Most pressure fittings aren’t used for lengths longer than 4 inches. In actuality, 2 inches and 3 inches are more typical. Most socket weld fittings are 1-1/2 inch socket weld caps; you will see only a few sizes larger than 2 or 3 inches.
Get in touch with the ms forged steel socket weld caps manufacturers in the Middle East and India to buy high-quality products delivered on time.
In what industries are socket weld end cap used ?
Socket welded pipe caps have a reputation for providing exceptional performance and are typically created to meet demands. These Asme B16.11 Socket Weld Pipe Cap are used in a variety of industries as follows:
- Oil and gas pipelines
- Chemical Industry
- Water Supply Systems
- Power Plants
- Paper and pulp industry.
Buy carbon steel socket weld end cap with MTC & test reports, check SW cap dimensions
What is the socket weld pipe cap maximum gap requirements?
According to ASME B31.1, there are some requirements for piping systems found in electric power generating stations, industrial and institutional plants, geothermal heating systems, and central and district heating and cooling systems.
They must meet minimum standards for design, materials, fabrication, erection, testing, inspection, operation, and maintenance.
It is widely acknowledged as being at the forefront of developing consensus standards for the mechanical engineering discipline. Because Socket Weld Pipe Cap has been proven to reduce cracked socket welds, the 1/16th” gap is accepted as an ASME standard for socket welds.
Check ASME B16.11 socket weld pipe cap pressure rating, specification, and weight chart
Advantages and disadvantages of forged socket weld pipe cap?
Socket weld fittings have several built-in benefits, such as:
- The Stainless Steel Sw Pipe Cap ensures accurate alignment eliminating the need for tack welds to position the pipes before welding.
- They have a lower risk of leaking.
- They don’t enter the pipe bore.
- They are economical solutions.
Socket Weld Fittings Drawbacks
- Maintenance challenges are high in Socket weld fittings.
- The sockets do not allow complete penetration.
- They do not apply to radioactive or corrosive substances.
- They are unsuitable for use in the food industry for hygienic reasons.
Not satisfied with your current stockists? Connect with distributors of alloy steel socket weld cap in the Middle East and India to receive the best prices.
What is inspection procedure of ms socket weld cap?
Visual inspection is the most popular method for evaluating the quality of socket fusion welds’ quality. A radiographic inspection of Ms Socket Weld Cap is usually done to find internal voids.
The inspection procedure is as follows:
- Verify that the beads between the pipe and the fitting are uniform on both sides of the joint. There shouldn’t be any creases or breaks in the beads.
- Check the weld beads for deterioration or contamination signs.
- Check to see if the pipe and fitting need to be appropriately aligned.
- Check the heated tool for material degradation signs.