316 Stainless Steel Washers Suppliers in UAE
What are Stainless Steel Washers?
The washer can be described as a disk-shaped thin plate with a hole. It helps to distribute the load of various threaded fasteners. The stainless steel washers are used with bolts to prevent the loss of pre-loan after torque application, which is caused by brinelling. They help to protect surfaces during the installation process of screws and bolts in various industrial applications.
Why are stainless steel washers important in fastening?
- The stainless steel tab washer is described as a mechanical locking solution that helps secure bolted joints with a physical barrier. It is installed between the bolt head and the mating surface, and then the bolted joint is tightened like any regular bolt.
- The SS punched washer is an essential component used under the bolt head for force distribution, which is applied while tightening. It has several industrial usages.
- The machined washer is manufactured on a lathe machine. They are plain washers which are designed for more accuracy and precision.
- The round washer is a sealing or cushioning washer which helps to form a seal around the fastener. They are often used for bonding to metallic washers or for reducing noise and vibrations.
- The spherical washer is used as a fastening solution on an uneven space.
- Also known as a round plate washer, the dock washer is an oversized cut washer. It is mostly used in wood construction projects and marine applications. They help prevent the bolt heads and nuts from pulling into the wood.
- The stainless steel cup washers are used with countersunk head self-tapping screws for a wide range of industrial applications.
What is the difference between SAE and USS washers?
The SAE washers are produced according to compliance with Society of Automotive Engineers specifications. These heavy duty stainless steel washers come with smaller outer diameters and thinner gauges compared to their bolt counterpart sizes.
The USS washers are quite similar to the SAE ones, but they have a slightly larger inner and outer diameters.
Difference between 304, 316 and 316l stainless steel washers
The difference between 304, 316 and 316l stainless steel washers lies in their chemical composition. The 304 stainless steel washers material has 18% chromium and 8% nickel, whereas the 316 grade material has 16% chromium and 10% nuckel. It also has added molybdenum which is why its corrosion resistance is higher than the 304 grade material.
However, the 316L material has lower carbon content than the 316 stainless steel washers, and thus the former is able to resist corrosion much better than the latter.
Table of Content